Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Why blog?

I've been watching my page views go up (over 1200!) That got me thinking about why I blog. There are 3 primary reasons:

1. Keep my players informed. My "home group" has had about 30 players since I started Mord Mar, and not every one of them can play in every session. The blog lets them keep up to date on what's going on in my head, and the Mountain. And we have run con games as well. I hope those players enjoyed it enough to come see what's new!

2. To get the word out. Eventually, I plan to publish Mord Mar, in one fashion or another. And blogging is free.

3. I enjoy it. Keeping tabs on what happened in Castle of the Mad Archmage makes jumping back into the game easier. I feel like I am becoming part of the "online gaming community."

What would I like to add to my blog? I'm glad you asked!

I'm thinking of adding the other bi-weekly game to the blog (that's PF Xcrawl for those of you not in the know.)

I'm thinking of doing a compare/contrast of the various megadungeons out there. Especially CotMA versus Rappan Athuk.

I would like to do a what's new in my gaming realm once in a while.

Con write ups. I think my GaryCon experience this year would be worthy of immortalizing in a blog.

Now, if I can only find the time between 2 jobs and 3 kids. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment