Monday, June 1, 2015

30 day challenge: Day 1

So, I ran across this today, and since it is June 1, it seemed a good idea to try. I may not succeed with real life (you know, 3 little boys, 2 dogs, a cat, a wife, 2 jobs), but I intend to try.

How did I get started with RPGs?

It is really a mystery lost in the sands of time. It was around 1984, and Marvel Super Heroes and D&D Basic were floating around in Michigan. I lived in Florida. I came to visit my family, and was introduced by my cousins.

Flash forward to being home from vacation. My parents would have none of it though. Moonies owned D&D and I was not allowed to play. So, I would head to the local library, and digest every piece of information I could.The 2 books I remember were Oriental Adventures and Fiend Folio. They made almost no sense to me. No PHB or DMG for reference.

I fought with my parents for 5 years about it. I wrote a paper for school about it. I finally got the okay to play, and haven't looked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment