Thursday, April 6, 2017

Gary Con Pt 2

Well, it looks like I may get two blogs done in one week! Go me!

Saturday morning we headed to the Gary Con Open finals. We played cautious and moved forward, with purpose. We made it to the final big bad, and killed him! (Still no spoilers). Jon was once again a hoot, and we were missing our Druid from the day before. We handled it, and had a blast in the process.

After the GCO, we ran into my friend Cory, and checked out his group's game Chronomega. It's interesting, but still needs some tweaks to the rules. The board looks beautiful, though. It uses the same mechanic as Ravingspire (3 spinning wheels that change the board). This one takes place on a space station. As we only watched for 20 minutes or so, I can't really tell you the goal. I expect another really fun game from the Madison Crew. Looking at the game, I would expect a Kickstarter in Q3 or Q4.

My last game was another of Bill Webb's Mythus Tower environs. Again, I don't want to spoil it for you if you get the joy of playing. But, there is now a halfling immune to fear running around Mythus Tower, Seriously, that guy was a boss. He took it straight to the boss monster with no hope of winning and crushed the odds! If you read this, shout out, so we can get together on another game with Bill at Gamehole or GaryCon next year. Again, Splat walked away with no magical loot. But he is level 5(?) now!

We did win the GaryCon Open. By about 100 points. Here's my cousin-nephew-son highlighting our win.


No comments:

Post a Comment