Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Happy New Year!

I have been absent from cyberspace for the past few weeks. And, wow, a lot has happened! As I type this, I am listening to the inaugural video of Oldschoolgamerradio.com. It seems like a great thing has been born there. I know that my blog was linked. I know some of the blogs I read haven't been linked yet. (Looking at Castle Triskelion . . . )
The OSR Christmas happened. I don't even know who was gifted the Silver Bulette stuff. Hopefully everyone received something they enjoy. Finally, Castle of the Mad Archmage released a new Kickstarter: Musicland. It's limited to 100 in-print copies. Get on it while they are still there.


I actually was able to game! The game pictured above was run by my brother-in-law, Jason. He had 9 (!) kids under 12 years old playing in a Lite 5E Guardians of the Galaxy game! Drax, Starlord and crew defeated Krampus and freed Father Christmas and the Reindeer in time to deliver presents. I didn't play in that game, but did run one later in the night.

I ran the S&W module "It Started With a Chicken" the first module in the Splinters of Faith series, by Frog God Games. We had about 12 players, including a couple of the kids from Jason's game. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Next time we go camping, we will play part 2.

Next Monday will see the return of Monster Monday. Ian should have his entry for bulette finished. (He begged to do it when I put it on the list over at the Silver Bulette Facebook Group.)

That about covers my Happy New Year, and wrap up of 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment